KD's Blog

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Exhausted

I am absolutely exhausted from last night. We had our back to school night (orientation night for all of you HCLers). I didn't get home until after 9. I had six 15 minute presentations back to back without a break. I should have hired a video crew to tape the first one and I could have popped it in for the other classes to watch. Some groups were really laughing and kept me going but a few were a little stiff. Overall, I think it went well. My friend, Les, told me that I was "effervescent and knowledgeable. A perfect combination." He is the best.

I think teaching a new subject has breathed some life into my teaching soul. I feel like I am connecting with students in a meaningful way again. I am not saying that I didn't connect at all last year or previous years, but I surprisingly do not feel stressed or crabby. I was much more tired the past few years and didn't like to do work outside of school. I would have certainly had a crabby day by now! I don't think I will teach science again next year, but I feel very energized. Doing experiments has reminded me the importance of letting students get up and move around the classroom more. The forty-five minutes fly by most days. I have found some passion for a subject that I never thought I had! Balance beams are fun! Cleaning equipment is not so fun, but I am thankful for the new challenges God has brought my way.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home