KD's Blog

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Deer in Headlights

It is interesting to learn all the idiosyncrasies of a culture and area while working in a different corner of the country. Today I used the phrase "deer in headlights" which is much beloved in the north woods (der hay). After saying it, I had even more deer in the headlights. We talked about it awhile and then we started talking about hunting. They were so interested in hearing every detail. Before we moved back to scientific inquiry, one kid raised his hand and asked with wide eyes, "Mrs. Dennert, do you have a rifle at...your house?"

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Mrs. Dennert...I bet you can't get enough of that!!! hahaha Oh Katie, I miss you, but I was talking with Jon and I want to plan to come and visit you and Marc during Spring Break, perhaps!!! Also, I lost your address, my phone doesn't save text messages and so i didn't catch it in time...:( So email me soon! claire.zautner@gmail.com Love you lots and miss you....

September 7, 2007 at 12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home