KD's Blog

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sick

I had a sore throat on Saturday and it has gotten progressively worse each day. Today I woke up and ran to the grocery store to pick up some things to make breakfast and a picnic lunch for the guys. I made breakfast and packed their lunch and they were off around 10:15. I fully intended on going to 11 o'clock church but I laid down for a half an hour before it began and could not get back up. I tried. I sat up and went to get up but I felt like I was hit by a truck. I felt so achy and congested that I laid back down and decided to stay home. A little while later I decided to take some ibuprofen and a cold ease then I fell asleep and woke up around 2:15. I felt much better so I gathered my things and set off for school. The other 6th grade teacher was there (she was on vacation last week so I hadn't met her yet) and she seems like a really nice lady. I made copies and gave my room another once over before coming back home. I am really hoping this cold is gone by tomorrow when I have 27-31 little faces looking at me all day! I can't believe school is starting!

We have had a really nice time with Miguel and Jack. We went to North Beach, China Town, Haight/Ashbury, and the ball game yesterday which was a lot of fun. We couldn't find parking around Haight Ashbury yesterday so I dropped the guys off and went to Golden Gate Park. I watched the lawn bowlers for quite awhile then decided to find out where the "music" I heard was coming from. It was a junk band made up of hippies and homeless people and they looked like they were having a good time. I was really wishing I had my camera for that! You just never know what you are going to find in San Francisco.

The guys went to Muir woods today and since school is starting tomorrow and I was just there with my parents, I decided to stick around here. I am sure glad I did! I think I needed the rest. 

2 Comments:

Blogger Debra said...

Dad and I and Aunt Judy are praying that you are feeling much better today. Kisses and hugs for your first day of school! Love Mom

August 27, 2007 at 7:23 AM  
Blogger Mom D said...

Wow school is starting already. TIme sure flies. Sorry your not feeling well. Get better soon. Have Marc make you some hot chocolate and chicken noodle soup.
Love Mom and Dad D

August 27, 2007 at 1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home