KD's Blog

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Kids

I think it is so interesting to see the similarities between the students I have now and the ones I had in the past. I might have a basis for another degree! I had my sixth graders line up in birthday order without talking or mouthing words. They could use only non-verbal methods to get in order. They were silent when they did this but both in WI and here the birthdays in June-July-and August clump together. They somehow can't figure out how to line up properly. At first I thought it might be an age thing--in WI the summer kids are the youngest, but that is not the case here. The cut-off varies in CA but at WP it is sometime in the fall/winter. What an interesting phenomenon.

Overall, it has been easy to get back in the swing of things. My sixth graders are full of questions including my least favorite of all: "What if..." The lunches still amaze me and some have even commented on my pasta I had the last two days. I wouldn't have thought pasta with sauce odd. It would be interesting to know what their diets are at home. Maybe I will have to work that in as some sort of science project to end my curiosity. 

1 Comments:

Blogger Debra said...

Katie, Family dinner for a science project...that is a GREAT idea!! Love the creativity! Glad you are getting settled into a routine! Love Mom

August 29, 2007 at 3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home