KD's Blog

Friday, July 20, 2007

Painters Thumb

For those of you who have painted with me (Jen, Judy, Jon, Mom and Dad...) you know what a disaster I am with a paintbrush. This time was no different. Our landlord, Ed, had the floors completely redone. They are even more beautiful than they are in the pictures. I had a brand new brush and paint tray and I was determined to keep them clean. I don't understand what I do wrong. I was consciously trying and I was still covered with paint before the first wall was done. I don't know if I hurry too much, or what. I dripped on the floor a few times, but cleaned it up right away. Thankfully Marc is helping me with the final paint color. I think it will look really nice when it is all done. The room is a big space with a lot of windows, a fireplace, and a large doorway so it is going to be challenging to arrange. Our furniture is coming next week Thursday so it must be painted by then!

2 Comments:

Blogger Debra said...

Katie, I would say that your relationship with paint is due to the fact that, because of your creativity, the paint can't wait to be used by you! It literally jumps out of the can when you come near. (Do you think I've spent too much time writing this past week???) Two weeks from today we'll be able to see it first hand. Dad and I can't wait!

July 21, 2007 at 9:01 AM  
Blogger jackie said...

Don't forget we have done some mean painting together, Miss Katie!

July 24, 2007 at 12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home