KD's Blog

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Search Continues















We have another place we are going to look at tonight. (It's the cute yellow house pictured above.) The homeowners are having an open house on Saturday, but I thought I would get a head start and call them. I arranged a viewing for tonight, but we are not the only ones who jumped on the property. There will be at least one other perspective tenant at the viewing. This house has everything on our "wish list" so we are really looking forward to seeing it.

I also talked to an agent who rents many units around San Francisco. (I connected with them thanks to my new friend, Les Morris, teacher at WP.) They did not have any units available, but they gave us valuable tips on how to secure a place. They said that they are not personally interested in a bribe or even getting a cash deposit, they are looking for good people who want to stay for more than one year. The recommended filling out a generic application and writing a cover letter which they helped me with. Overall, they said to just be ourselves. I feel better about apartment hunting now and will stop acting like I am at an audition... hopefully this apartment hunting drama will be over soon and we will have a place to call home.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home