KD's Blog

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Fog













I was trying to find a store and I almost ended up on the Golden Gate Bridge this morning after dropping Marc off at the office. I thought about just taking it, but then what? There is a beautiful town across the Bay called Sausalito that I don't think Marc and I completely explored. We were told it was similar to Door County, which we both love, but I don't think we ventured far enough into it. I also thought about going to Sonoma and visiting my favorite shop: The Girl and the Fig Pantry. (www.thegirlandthefig.com) Anyway, I am back writing in my blog instead.

Yesterday I drove around Daly City which is an area we are looking into living. At that point we were still hoping to rent the condo on the hill, but I found some great places we could to live with yards and garages and space. I also drove around the Sunset district which is in SF proper. Later I found out the condo which had every single one of the items on our "dream list" was already rented. Disappointed, we went back on Criag's list after dinner. We found a space that sounded absolutely perfect so we decided to drive over and see the area. It was run down except the actual complex. Not what we are looking for. Hopefully our relocation company can help us since we don't know all the areas of SF very well. 
I also found an adorable fabric shop for all the visitors who sew. (peapodfabrics.com) It specializes in vintage styles and simple designs. I love it! I think I am going to take a class as soon as we are settled. I did sign up for a class at the paper source for tomorrow night. 

The pictures are from our honeymoon, but they are from the girl and the fig and the Sausalito waterfront. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home