KD's Blog

Monday, July 9, 2007

Hills, Hills, and More Hills!

Today I dropped Marc off at work and went in search of a All-Star game T-Shirt for my sport-loving nephew, Dallas. Marc's work is right down the street from the ballpark, so I thought I would be able to find a street vendor or store selling shirts. I did not have much luck, but I did find him a pennant at Walgreens. Maybe I will have more luck tomorrow when the game is actually going to be taking place.

I also spent some time in my new classroom and meeting some of the teachers I will be working with. Good or bad, I tried to remember what they taught since I have had a barrage of names thrown at me; I will at least know what they teach and can go from there!

After catching up on some e-mail, I decided to take a walk to a place I spotted while driving. The hills are so steep! SF would be a great place to go in training for Harney Peak! I found a little downtown area with restaurants, boutiques, and shops. It reminded me a little of the East Side atmosphere. The Paper Source is one of the dozens of shops and it was fun to actually see it in person. Marc and I ordered things from them for our wedding invitations and Nick and Jessica's invitations, but I had never been to the actual store. I am thinking of signing up for a class that takes place this week.

It is sun-shiny here and still a bit on the chilly side. Sorry there is not much new today. I would love to give you some more pictures, but Marc's camera is bulky to haul around. (Hint, hint, Marcus:) I will haul it over to Marc's work when I pick him up and take a few pictures so you can see his building.

Feel free to leave me comments to let me know how you are doing as well!

1 Comments:

Blogger Writing Teacher78 said...

Comments are welcome...including ones asking if I know what game is going on in the city I live in. Not to mention the hundreds of signs plastered all over the scenery... Yes, I changed the "World Series" to the correct game. Thank you Jack:)

July 10, 2007 at 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home