KD's Blog

Thursday, July 12, 2007

And More Cheeseheads...




















Tonight I went to an event at Paper Source (paper-source.com) called "girl's night out." We made three projects, ate great food (most of which I had no idea what it was--I love San Francisco's food!), drank great drinks (the umbrella was in my drink), and met new people. Our first project was a necklace charm. I don't have a picture of it because it is currently drying and looks pretty cloudy right now. We took a silver base and picked out different decorative papers to place in it. We then used a special glue that forms a clear seal over it. The second project was a note/bill organizer (the long green and pink piece in the picture). The final project was a votive candle holder in which we designed the outside using paper and string. I worked next to two fellow knitters who filled me in on all the great knitting shops as well as a pottery shop that offers classes. The two ladies were a lot of fun, but what do do you? Ask them for their number? It is a bit awkward meeting new people and making new friends! When I was purchasing my things, I struck up a conversation with the woman who worked there, and she was from Milwaukee's East Side. Two in one day!

Marc took the other picture while I was out. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home