KD's Blog

Sunday, August 12, 2007

A Sunday Afternoon




We have been going to the Saturday night church so Sunday has really become our day of rest. We finished reading the paper (Early Sunday that came out on Saturday) I bought for my dad the day before then decided it would be a good day to go school shopping. A girl can always use a new pair of shoes! It is really difficult to find a pair that you can stand in all day. I have never felt comfortable teaching while I am sitting down. Even in taller chairs I feel like I am being lazy or something. We decided to go check out the shoes at Kohl's. 

We were successful at Kohl's and did some more window shopping for some of the rooms that need some work. We got some ideas but we are not sure when we are going to execute our plans for the bedroom or the bathroom. 

Afterward, we came back home and decided to take a hike up Mt. Davidson which is the highest point in SF. We were going to hike up another evening, but it was getting dark so we went to another place that was a little better lit. On the top of the hill is an enormous cross and we can actually see the top of it from our house. (Look closely in the top left picture.) It is less than a five minute drive to get to the base of the hill. 

Going up the hill I realized how out-of-shape I am! I need to get a program going! Anyway, it made me think of the inclines on the base of Harney Peak in South Dakota. Mt. Davidson is only a 15 minute hike, but the inclines are pretty steep. From the top, we had panoramic views of the city. It was beautiful. It was somehow more beautiful than twin peaks because you had to work to get the views--you couldn't just drive your car to the top. The cross is extremely impressive and you can't fully realize the size unless you see it in person. To top it off, check out those blue skys...I could get used to them! 

By the way, if you want to see an enlarged view of a picture, just click on it! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home