KD's Blog

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Favorite Things: The North Beach




















I think sometimes there is so much to look at that your eyes gloss over things that you should see or notice. There are signs up for many of the tourist areas including Chinatown and Fisherman's Wharf. For some reason, my eyes glossed over the third listing on the sign: North Beach. I also glossed over the map of Italy next to the arrow and words North Beach.

We decided to go to one of the more well-known restaurants, The Stinking Rose, earlier in the week and we had the distinct pleasure of visiting North Beach. With an Italian flag on every light post, it is clear what this area stands for. The main street, Columbus, is lined with Italian restaurants like Mona Lisa and Michelangelo as well as coffee shops (you won't find Starbucks here), small art stores, and boutiques. We picked up Burgers (www.burgermeistersf.com) there on Friday and found a great truffle shop (www.xoxtruffles.com) across the street.  

My mom and dad are flying out today. :(

2 Comments:

Blogger deb h said...

Hey Kate. Looks like you had fun
with your mom and dad. I"m sure
all were sad when they left. We
really enjoyed being a part of your
week. love, deb

August 11, 2007 at 7:35 PM  
Blogger Debra said...

Hi Katie, I wasn't going to cry today until I looked at your blog. Thanks again for the WONDERFUL time. I miss you! Love Mom

August 12, 2007 at 8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home